Forgive and Love Again
Welcome to Transformative Growth Counseling. As clinical therapists located in Naperville and Rochelle, we specialize in helping couples transform their relationships! We use Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy which has up to a 90% success rate in couples who complete the EFT counseling protocol (Johnson, 2015)*. Couples counseling can support you in creating a closer bond with your partner, improve your communication skills, help heal past pains, reignite your sexual life, and so much more! We welcome helping those from the LGBTQIA, Kink, Open/Poly & Christian communities.
How Couples Counseling Can Help YOU!
Couples counseling can help you overcome the emotional and behavioral pattern that keep you and your partner stuck. We use the science of love to help you heal from past emotional injuries, rapidly reduce conflict, rebuild trust, and strengthen the bonds of love between you. If your relationship is struggling with any of the issues below – we should talk!
- Infidelity – 50% of couples in counseling are facing this issue. It is the number one reason people come to counseling. You don’t have to be alone in this journey; we can help you overcome infidelity and grow stronger from it!
- Communication problems.
- Fears of abandonment.
- Sexual functioning & desire
- Issues in Poly / Open/ swinger relationships.
- LGBTQIA-specific issues
- Feelings of “Should we stay together?”
- Substance Abuse
- Lying & Betrayal
What is the protocol? (Mentioned above)
In clinical experiments, EFT has a 90% success rate, for couples who follow the protocol which outlines what has to be done in order to possibly be successful.
– Attending and engaging in your sessions regularly. Typically, 12-20 sessions, depending on the severity, intensity and duration of the issues the couple is experiencing. If you’ve already decided you’re done with the relationship and want to part ways, couples therapy will not likely be helpful.
– Ending all affairs.
– Completeting in between session couples work.
Even if all these things are completed, sometimes it still doesn’t work, at least 10% of the time in controlled research situations and arguably a bit higher, in real life circumstances.
The bigger threat to your relationship is inaction. Regardless of what therapy approach is used, we know what doesn’t work: continuing to fight and criticize each other, and avoiding addressing the continuing turmoil, anger and hurt you’re both likely holding on to.
All too often we see couples struggle with coming in for the help they need; hoping something will change naturally or with more conflict, people tend to hold out before seeking help. We encourage you to call or email us to get more information how therapy can help your specific couples issues, before it’s too late. The sooner you seek help, the higher the success rate you will have in counseling.
We are accept: Aetna, BCBS, ComPsych, Cigna, Health Alliance, Allied, Medicaid, Medicare, and UnitedHealth , Optium, Humana, and may more. We take out of network insurance and self-pay.
Want more information?