Forgive and Love Again.
Emotionally Focused Attachment Counseling Can Help!
As clinical therapists we specialize in helping couples transform their relationships, with marriage counseling and couples counseling in Naperville, Chicago and Rochelle. We use Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy which has up to a 90% success rate in couples who complete the EFT counseling steps (Johnson, 2015)*. Couples counseling can support you in creating a closer bond with your partner, improve your communication skills, help heal past pains, reignite your sexual life, and so much more! Our attachment-based marriage counseling and couple counseling services have been covered in: Boston Herald, The Miami Herald, ABC, Wallstreet Select, and the Kansas City Star! We welcome helping those from the LGBTQIA, Kink, Open/Poly & Christian communities.
How Couples Counseling Can Help YOU!
Marriage Counseling / Couples counseling can help you overcome the emotional and behavioral pattern that keep you and your partner stuck. We use the science of love to help you heal from past emotional injuries, rapidly reduce conflict, rebuild trust, and strengthen the bonds of love between you.
(If you want to learn more about attachment science and how we use it in marriage and couples counseling, this link provides an excellent 11 minute video on EFT and attachment to humans, throughout the life-span: Attachment and Relationship Repair)
If your relationship is struggling with any of the issues below – we should talk!
- Infidelity – 50% of couples in counseling are facing this issue. It is the number one reason people come to counseling. You don’t have to be alone in this journey; we can help you overcome infidelity and grow stronger from it!
- Communication problems.
- Fears of abandonment.
- Sexual functioning & desire
- Issues in Poly / Open/ swinger relationships.
- LGBTQIA-specific issues
- Feelings of “Should we stay together?”
- Substance Abuse
- Lying & Betrayal
What are the steps of success in EFT Couples Counseling? (mentioned above)
In clinical experiments, EFT has a 90% success rate, for couples who follow through with the steps below:
– Attending and engaging in your sessions regularly and through all eight steps within EFT. Depending on the severity, intensity and duration of the issues, the couple is experiencing, this may take 12 sessions, or a year. Every marriage or relationship is different; and your counselor will give you feedback on your treatment plan and expected time to resolve your struggles in counseling. If you’ve already decided you’re done with the relationship and want to part ways, couples therapy will not likely be helpful.
– Ending all affairs. If there’s an ongoing affair, the couple can not move forward.
– Completing in-between session couples’ work.
The bigger threat to your relationship is inaction. Regardless of what therapy approach is used, we know what doesn’t work: continuing to fight, criticize each other, or withdraw to avoid addressing the turmoil, anger and hurt you’re both likely holding on to.
All too often we see couples struggle with coming in for the help they need; hoping something will change naturally or with more conflict, people tend to hold out before seeking help. We encourage you to call or email us to get more information how therapy can help your specific couples issues, before it’s too late. The sooner you seek help, the higher the success rate you will have in counseling.
We are accept: Aetna, BCBS, ComPsych, Cigna, Health Alliance, Allied, and UnitedHealth , Optium, Humana, and may more. We take out of network insurance and self-pay.
Want more information?
Monday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Thursday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Saturday: 12:00 Pm to 6:00 pm
Our phones are answered live Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 6 pm, excluding Holidays. After hours, please leave a message and we’ll return your call the next business day. Alternatively, you can email us for a faster response after hours/weekends.