Welcome to the home page of Transformative Growth Counseling! We are a state licensed, board certified therapy practice based in Aurora / Naperville, and Rochelle, Illinois offering in person and online counseling for individuals (ages 1 and up), couples, and families.
Transformative Growth Counseling also includes our Foundation (a 501c3) which works to provide private and community-wide mental health services.
We are an evidence based practice that believes in using more than just observation alone. We utilize psychological testing, client self-report surveys/scales and client narratives, in addition to the therapist’s observations and assessment. Counselors at TGC only use therapeutic treatments that have been scientifically researched and validated as effective.
Counseling has over 100 years of research that shows many positive outcomes for people who attend therapy, including: Decreasing of symptoms, reduction in stress, development of healthier living and self care strategies, improved resilience to life’s stressors, better personal insight to one’s psychological processes, repaired bonds in relationships, better sex life, and feeling more in control of emotions… among many other things!
We have expert therapists who specialize across the following areas:
- Abandonment fears
- Christian Couples Counseling
- Divorce – Mediation & Divorce Preparation Counseling
- Emotionally Focused Couples Counseling
- LGBTQIA-specific issues
- Lying & betrayal
- Poly, Open, Non-Monogamous and Alt. Relationships
- Premarital Counseling
- Sex-related: Sexual Functioning, Kink.
Families, Children, and Teens:
- Anxiety & Depression
- Blended Families
- Child Therapy – Ages 1 & up.
- Communication Difficulties
- Conflict Resolution
- Family Therapy
- Oppositional Defiant & Conduct disorders
- Parent Abandonment
- Play therapy
- Potty training / Soiling issues
- Pre-Adoption / Adoption Counseling & Consultation
- Psychological assessments.
- Teenage Defiance
- Trauma, Abuse & Neglect
- Youth Substance Abuse
- Anxiety & Panic – OCD, Social & Situational Anxiety.
- Abandonment issues
- Anger Management
- Bipolar Disorder & other Mood Disorders
- Christian Counseling
- Communication difficulties
- Eating Disorders
- Gender & Sexuality
- LGBTQIA – specific issues
- Personality Disorders
- Psychological Assessments
- PTSD & Stress Disorders
- Clinical Supervision
- Trauma & Abuse
We also offer Psychological testing. Some of these testing categories include: personality, attachment, addictions, career, diagnostic, children’s disorders, eating disorders, depression, anxiety, and others.